A Big Thank You and Upcoming Events

Friday was a beautiful day at CNG… I was able to tell the kids at the end of our Terry Fox Day how incredibly proud I am to be part of a school that has incredibly caring and motivated students.  As a school we raised nearly $5000, shaved 12 heads, made a moving tribute video and moved all 1000 Phoenix through at least 4km of Panorama pathways.  I feel lucky to finish off this busy month with an event where we could all gather together to celebrate successes as a community and to show that we are a school who believes in things bigger than ourselves.  I stand by my belief that I truly teach in the best school in Calgary!

Congrats to our soccer teams for an awesome start to their season.  The girls coming home with a win and the boys putting up a good fight losing by only 1.  Good luck this week!

Congrats to our cross country team for another successful race.  We have our final race this week on Wednesday at Canmore Park.  See your coaches for race details.  Good luck team!

Our volleyball teams all play their first games this week. Both our boys teams will play at home and both our girls teams play at TMC!  It will be a couple nights of incredible competition for all 4 teams!  Good luck athletes!

NOTE TO ALL ATHLETES ON CROSS COUNTRY, SOCCER and VOLLEYBALL: we have black UnderArmour Phoenix Athletics hoodies for sale to all kids on teams.  The hoodies are $40 and athletes can bring cash to Ms Connolley.

Modules continue this week.  Nothing new, so just expect one more week of the same module you were working on last week.  Weather is supposed to be pretty chilly again, so come prepared if you are in an outdoor module!